Friday, February 11, 2011

Images of the Universe

Star Cluster NGC 2074 in the Large Magellanic Cloud
















Hubble has brought us amazing images of the universe, I easily get lost in the hundreds of photos in the Hubble gallery. What a mystery and miracle this universe is. Looking at images like these makes everything here seem so insignificant; so small, yet so extraordinary. It makes me stop and realize so many of the worries and stresses are meaningless and unnecessary. My mind could wander for hours thinking about the cosmos and creation of all things, why we are here, what our purpose is...time is limited here. I remind myself to explore what is most meaningful and important to me. Creation...of music, of words, of thoughts...to continuously learn and push the boundaries of one's mind. To make some sense out of the chaos and make a difference...

The Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) and Companion Galaxy


Transform Yourself...Transform the World (summary of Naropa University's mission statement). 

Missing my Naropa Sangha, teachers and students...




2 comments:

  1. "What a mystery and miracle this universe is. Looking at images like these makes everything here seem so insignificant; so small, yet so extraordinary. It makes me stop and realize so many of the worries and stresses are meaningless and unnecessary." ~ Shonna

    True. I've often thought so myself. Wish I could go out and see the stars -- they're like loyal friends that have been burning bright in the same place my entire life. Someday I'll drop this human costume and blast out there for a close up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is an afterlife, I surely hope I can take a trip to the stars and galaxies! :)

    ReplyDelete